Highlights Villages > Ermita de San Agustín

Built between 1713 and 1714, this chapel went through a succession of building operations that gave it the crenelated wall or barbican, and the choir or presbytery with a false dome, a feature that makes it stand out from all other churches on the island. The interior houses an altarpiece in white stone, a pulpit in polychrome wood and some interesting sculptures. There are large paintings on canvas and murals with plant motifs.

 

tefia4