The various towns and villages of the municipality hold annual festivities in honour of their patron or patroness. These consist of religious celebrations, parades, sports competitions, children’s games, traditional dances, musical performances, festivals, etc.
The most important celebration of the municipality, which gathers people from all over the island together, is Fiestas de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (Our Lady of the Rosary), held in Puerto del Rosario. Another landmark of the town’s celebrations is the Carnival, held in the month of February.
The schedule of the main festivities within the municipality is as follows:
– Fiesta in honour of Fray Andresito. 14th January, Ampuyenta.
– Carnival. Around 23rd February and 5th March, Puerto del Rosario.
– Santa Mónica. 4th May, Tefía.
– Ntra. Sra. de Fátima. 13th May, La Asomada.
– Santa Rita. 22nd May, Los Estancos.
– Mother’s Day. 1st Sunday of May, Tesjuate.
– San Juan. 24th June, El Matorral.
– San Pedro. 29th June, Guisguey.
– Ntra. Sra. del Carmen. 16th July, Puerto del Rosario and Los Molinos.
– Santa Ana. 26th July, Casillas del Ángel.
– Santo Domingo de Guzmán. 4th August, Tetir.
– Ntra. Sra. del Socorro. 7th August, La Matilla.
– Ntra. Sra. de la Concepción. 15th August, Llanos de la Concepción.
– San Agustín. 28th August, Tefía.
– Ntra. Sra. de la Merced. 24th September, El Time.
– Ntra. Sra. del Rosario. From 25th September to 7th October, Puerto del Rosario.
– Romería de Ntra. Sra. del Pino (Pilgrimage). 12th October, Puerto Lajas.
– San Pedro Alcántara. 19th October, Ampuyenta.
– San Andrés. 30th November, Tetir.
– San Andrés. First Sunday of December, Las Parcelas.